The Swiss Foundation for Alcohol Research
- funds projects that promise to deliver new insights in the general field of alcohol research
- awards funding for scientific conferences
- actively encourages research on neglected fields
- awards grants to promote talented young researchers
- ensures that scientific findings are actually disseminated through publication grants
Priority is given to applications that have practical relevance for public health in addition to their scientific value.
Applications submitted to the Foundation are always reviewed by a panel of independent experts in order to guarantee the scientific quality of projects. The Foundation is politically neutral.
The Foundation Board is made up of representatives from
- the Federal Office of Public Health
- the Swiss Alcohol Board
- the Federal Commission for Alcohol-Related Issues
- Addiction Switzerland
- various scientific disciplines, e.g. medicine, psychology, biology and sociology
The Foundation is financed through contributions under Art. 43a of the Swiss Alcohol Act.
» Foundation Charter (only available in French / German )